Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

So I think that today was probably the first really rainy day for the year so far and a definite sign that winter is approaching. I was very chuffed that I managed to accomplish everything that I set out to do - including clean the garage and clean the inside of my car. 
Emily on the other hand was not that impressed with the weather and this morning at about 8 o'clock stood standing at the sliding door, in her cute little barbie panties and her too short T-shirt  - singing in the saddest and slowest voice she could muster up, "rain rain go away, come again another day. Barneys friends all want to play, rain rain go away!" I think she may even have sniffed and wiped away an imaginary tear at the end of the song! (Wouldn't put that past my daughter and her dramatics!)



Anyway, so at about 9 o'clock she was still moaning about the weather so I decided to let her have a little rain experience. Out came the wellington boots and her big pink jacket and my enormous umbrella. Her face lit up with so much excitement when she realized that she was going to get to go and play outside in the rain. 
So out she went, singing her little song to anyone that could or would hear her. 


Yes, you are probably wondering how long the umbrella holding lasted.... not very long. She soonish realized that it was far to heavy for her little arms and if she put it down she would not only have two hands free, but she would also get wet!!!!! Double excitement! An exciting, muddy morning!


So that was our rainy day! Hope you enjoyed yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment