Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3-4 weeks!

So three days later, on the 5th of November, I find  myself sitting in the doctors room, telling her I think that I might be pregnant. She looked at me as if I was slightly deranged. (Bearing in mind I have a toddler bouncing around the room at the same time). We do the blood test and it confirms that I am in fact 3-4 weeks pregnant. This is where the reality hits me! You see, I am diabetic. And diabetes and pregnancy - TOGETHER - scare the living daylights out of me! I found out that I am diabetic in May 2010, and the doc immediately wanted to put me on insulin. I refused and decided to try and manage it through diet and exercise. The doc gave me 3 months to try and do this and as I sat in front of her , she was happy with my readings and levels so far. But now the pregnancy could potentially  really complicate things. If any of you are diabetic you'll know that, even though you may have it under control, falling pregnant and the hormone changes that go with that, will almost defiantly throw your controlled  sugar levels out the window and make them go sky high! Anyway, this is the reality that I now have to deal with, no turning back! My Doc recommends me a gynae and that's the next step. This is all going to be so different from my pregnancy with Emily and the home birth that I had. ..... BUT that's a story for another day! Need to move my bum and get Emily dressed and ready for the day! We are off to go play at a touch farm. BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment