Monday, March 14, 2011

Holiday time

So Christmas came and went this last December with a mixture of excitement and busyness! Leon was home for 3 weeks, which was totally brilliant! The two of us got to go away together ALONE for the first time since Emily was born and it was greatly exciting! She stayed with her gran and pop pops. We went to a beautiful place near Wolseley and Ceres called White Bridge. www.whitebridge.co.za   
Its a  working fruit farm and has very private little cabins along the river where you can fish and swim. It was totally beautiful!  
The one thing that was very tricky for me about this Christmas was being pregnant AND diabetic! A totally awful combination when there's endless trifle and chocolate around! So needless to say I didn't do all that well and was on a constant sugar overload! 
My next gynae appointment was on the 20th of Jan and I do go dreading it. I know that he is going to give me a hard time about my sugar and its not something that I want to deal with right now!
So off we go - He is running very late as he is down stairs delivering a baby. Not that I mind - if it were me in labour I would want whoever is waiting for him upstairs to be patient too!
We eventually see him at 7pm and we go over everything. He is not happy with my sugar levels and wants me to go for a 3month sugar blood test. :( From there we will take the next step. 


Exciting part - we do another scan, everything looks perfect with this little one and he seems to think that i may be a girl... but nothing is confirmed. We must wait for our 20 week scan to confirm. I am almost 16 weeks at this stage, and I am secretly very excited that we may be having another girl!! PINK PINK PINK :) But we wouldn't be getting everyone excited until it is confirmed.


..... but I was bouncing inside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment