Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nesty nest

So when I woke up this morning there was a email on my phone from one of the many baby/ pregnancy related newsletters I get. The opening statement on this email was, "so if you are starting to feel the urge to 'nest', be warned your baby is probably on his or her way and make sure your bags are packed!" I had to laugh, either I am totally not normal or the person who wrote this has never been pregnant!
My "nesty" thing kicked within in 3 days of finding out that I was pregnant. And no, I didn't find out at 7 months, LOL, I found out when I was just 3 weeks.
For those of you that know me, will know that I generally am a bit of a perfectionist (just a bit) and I like things clean. But my word, I have shocked and annoyed myself with how bad I have been through this pregnancy. I just cant stop cleaning and organizing things. Its driving me nuts, but the urge is so bad that I just cant ignore it. So, to narrow it all down and to make it more managable I decided a couple of weeks ago to make a "to do list" to go on our fridge, knowing my darling husband would glady help me with the things on it. Only problem is... Everytime I find that we get to the end of the list, I make a new one.... with a whole list of NEW things that suddenly need to be done!! CrAAZYYYY! 
Yesterday, I managed to get the list right down to only 3 things left on it that need doing and these are things I can't do - Being in my huge and lumpy state and all. I am determined that I WILL NOT be making another list! Once that  list is done, its done!
So with 10 days to go, I am going to try and take it easy! No promises though. I am going to try and spend more time with Emily and try not be too phased about the crazy mess that's accumulated within in 2 hours of us getting up in the morning. 
We have our last Doctors appointment on Thursday evening. I cant believe we are at the finish line already! This pregnancy has gone incredibly fast. Only these last couple of days have dragged and I have a feeling the next couple are also going to drag. Its fine though, I know whats coming and will try and appreciate the uninterrupted sleep while it lasts. 
  
                                                                 ....Our bundle is almost here!!

3 comments:

  1. its so exciting! cant wait to meet her! goodluck with the home stretch! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound SUCH an orgnised person - I'm just a tad envious. Would lurve to be that.

    So thrilling to be expecting a brand new person!

    ReplyDelete