Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Grey days...

These Grey days just don't do it for me. I am talking literally, not figuratively! Winter is officially 2 weeks away, yet it feels like we've been in the grips of winter for a month already. I don't mind the cooler mornings and the crisp fresh air that leaves the tip of your nose feeling blue and frozen. I also don't mind that there is no wind for most of the time - that is a welcome relief for sure! I do mind the Grey skies though! I cant stand that my house remains dark the whole day and there are very few moments where the light streams in through the windows. Its so sad, makes me want to spend the day in bed with a book and just pretend the day is actually night! BUT, we all know that with a two year old, (or any child for that matter), its just not possible!!! 

It is Emily's second day at school this morning. It is so cute to see how she gets so excited about it! I hope that it stays like that for her entire school career and that the novelty never wears off! Its amazing the things I can get her to do in the morning while getting her ready for school. Its like she transforms into a 'big, big' girl and the baby in her gets totally put away. The dummy gets put in the draw, the nappy comes off and goes into the bin and she starts to display more independence than she normally does! We get to the class room and its like I become invisible. Whether I am still there or not is totally irrelevant to her and the only reason she gives me kisses goodbye is to console me - not her! Crazy I tell you!
Its quite something to get my head around having some free time to myself in the mornings. Its kind of the a situation where there is so much that I want to do, I also don't want to do anything.I want to savor the time and and make it last as long as possible! And then there is the scary realization that there are only about 6 weeks of this 'me time' before this tummy princess is out and then I go back to having to wait more or less another 2 YEARS before I get me time in the mornings again! I really didn't think this age gap through very well did I! LOL, no turning back now and I am so excited about meeting this little one! Just wish that we could decide on a name already!!!! I Some how don't expect that we will until shes out in our arms! And even then, I have a feeling it might take a couple of days! sigh!

I hope that you all have a brilliant day and that the weather isn't too Grey where ever you are! I think that I will be spending the rest of my FREE morning, catching up on some scrap booking... maybe!

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. lovey darling :)
    she is getting so BIG
    we love her to bits

    hugs
    B
    also can't wait to meet your tummy princess :)

    ReplyDelete