Saturday, April 30, 2011

Baby update

Yesterday we had our 29 week checkup at the gynae. I am really enjoying the fact that the appointments are now getting closer together - Its always a sure sign that the big day is getting closer. 
Yesterday we also had to confirm with him that he is happy to do the delivery at Constantiaberg and isn't overly concerned about there being any complications with the baby.  He assured us that he is confident that all should go well and if there is any problem for some reason we can definitely request that the hospital transfers the baby to Red Cross Children's Hospital.  You are probably wondering why on earth I am worried about all this, and if you have read any of my previous posts you will know why. So it is a relief to know that if baby needs High Care we wont have her sitting in Constantiaberg for weeks running up an enormous bill. We are of course trusting and believing that all will go well and all this worrying would have been for nothing.These are all just back up plans - always good to have! Especially cause with Emily I refused to have a back up plan and things went horribly wrong. So call this over compensating if you like, I would rather be overly prepared than going in clueless.
So baby weighs 1500 grams at the moment. Doc expects that baby will be about 3,4 kgs when shes born, which makes me very happy! A nice change from the 4,1 kgs that Emily was when she was born. I am also very happy that I have only put on a total of 5,5 kgs so far in the pregnancy. I think for 7 and a half months that is pretty impressive. With Emily I put on about 30 kgs so I am REALLY happy that this time I have managed to keep it down. I hope that I don't start ballooning now towards the end though.... Will just have to try stay away from those yuuummmmmy hot chips!
Next thing on the to do list for next week is to take my hospital admission form in and book my bed. I am also wondering how soon I need to start washing baby clothes - Maybe wait for a couple of warm sunny days...... I think that's wishful thinking though, after all we are heading towards winter! Will just keeping waiting patiently for a tumble dryer.... sigh!

Hope you all have a fabuliss day! Enjoy the sunshine if you have any, and if its cold where you are - enjoy a good book and some snuggle time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment